Tuesday 12 July 2011

Birthday

Today is my oldest Son's 17th Birthday.  Excitedly I laid out his cards, cake, Birthday balloon and gifts on the kitchen table, and eagerly awaited him waking up.

Granted, it is the Summer school holiday, and he was up pretty late last night. I waited................  10:00

Waited....................  12:00

I decided to 'assist' him by playing some rather corny Birthday tunes, very loud, outside his bedroom door, courtesy of i-tunes.

  • CONGRATULATIONS (Cliff Richard)
  • Happy Birthday (Stevie Wonder)
  • Happy Birthday to you
Set the tracks to repeat...............

Waited....................  1:00

I gave up waiting and went to the Supermarket, only to return and find that he had got up, eaten chocolate birthday cake for breakfast, opened his cards and counted his money, then left to spend the day swimming with his friends, sigh :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment